Friday, August 27, 2010

All work and no play...

I suppose that's a major exaggeration, because while I am on Day Six of Seven days straight working- we all know that I prioritize going out over less important things like sleep, or proper liver function. Anyway, I was supposed to have tonight and tomorrow off, but the other bartender went all Jersey Shore on me last night, and then stormed out like a bratty child- so I'm stuck working her Thursday and Friday. Le sigh.

This did however enable me to have Saturday off (gotta love California labour laws- suck it work), which I intend to spend in San Francisco shopping and dining with Rico. And drinking fruity cocktails in fruity bars. Boo yeah.

Today, Dominic said something that really made me think. I was moaning about having to hand in my notice tomorrow, and how I feel guilty about it, and blah blah blah. I'm guessing I'll work six days a week for my last two weeks, and Dom said that I'm sorta wasting my time working so much during my last couple of weeks in the U.S. And he's right. I'm missing out on opportunities to see friends, spend time with my family, and consume lots of Sushi and Mexican cuisine. So, I'm going to try to finagle it so that I only work eight or nine more days. We'll see how that goes.

It's been a long week, so I'm going to put my feet up in front of the TV and watch Top Chef with a cold Sweet Piece of Jesus. I totally Macgyvered myself a cocktail shaker, and now I feel smug and clever. Clearly, I'm easily pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment