Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day by day...

...i'm growing stronger, as the song from my religious days in the past says. Some days though, you just have to stop, recognize your limits and go the fuck home.

Tonight, I strapped on my sparkle headband (after an absolute shit week) and went out with a group. And, I just wasn't ready. I tried. I wore a dress. I wore liquid eyeliner. And the whole time, I just wanted to go home and watch Come Dine With Me in my jammies. So, I left. Sure, some folks seemed disappointed that I left at 9:30- but I just couldn't stay any longer. So, I went home, washed my face and put my hair up in a ponytail and layed down on the sofa.

I feel better now. I wish I could be the girl that isn't sensitive, and isn't sometimes jaded and hopes, hopes, hopes eternally. I am. But, sometimes I just need to go the fuck home. Tonight was one of those nights. I'm still hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment