Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ooooooh sparkly...

I must have been a raccoon in a former life. Sparkly things make me happy. Really happy.

Anyway, I digress. I finished the paper that was mentioned in the previous blog of stressy panic and crazy. Amen. So it is written, so it is done and all that. And, I am even considering starting on the monster beast of epic wordness that is due next Friday. I know, crazy right?

This means that today I am free and easy and I am enjoying myself mightily. Once I clean the disgusting tip that I call my house, I'm going to head into town for a bit of shopping and then off to a dance class. In fact, I'm taking my very first dance class in Yorkshire. And, also my very first dance class in the UK since I moved here in September. We'll talk about that in a second- let's get back to sparkly things. I am wearing my most very favorite sparkly headband (daytime tiara) and I feel like a million bucks. I'm hoping the sparkly headband distracts from my general out-of-shapeness in class tonight.

I feel kind of ashamed that I haven't taken class since I've been here. I think this is probably the longest I've ever been out of the studio since I was a young'un. And here's why, brace yourself- I behaved like a fucking moron last year. I let myself get wrapped up in a crappy relationship where we virtually never left the house. And then when it ended I dissolved into a teary mess of 'why me, why me' tears. Yuck. Never again.

I've tried to analyze why I a. let myself think I was happy with a guy that treated me pretty crappily b. allowed myself to get sucked into a cycle of staying in every night like a bunch of fucking hermits and c. was really gutted and a sloppy mess of crazy when said boring, crappy, totally unfun relationship ended. Sheesh, I should have thrown a party when he walked out. I don't have a clear answer as to why, I just know that I will never stay in a situation like that again.

I feel a bit like I'm in that Garth Brooks song "Unanswered Prayers." (Don't you go judging my secret love for country music) I wake up every morning feeling so in love with my life it's unreal. Ok, maybe I feel a bit less cheery on essay deadline mornings, but y'all know what I mean. I've made a group of friends that are ever expanding, I'm dating this amazing man (yeah, yeah I know I haven't talked about him yet- but that's for another blog) I'm making it through this MA somehow and I absolutely love living in England. I feel like this paragraph is totally Pollyanna, so I'll stop here.

So yeah yeah, this has been a very happy new year for this girl. And, I really like sparkly things.

No comments:

Post a Comment