Thursday, January 6, 2011

Decisions, decisions...

So today I made a big choice. I was planning to move into my own little flat and today I decided to instead move into a houseshare. With boys. I know the main boy really well so it's not like I'm moving in with random dudes, and I'm hopeful it will be a nice place to live. I've never lived with boys (er, men) that weren't my partner, so this should be a grand adventure. A few of my male friends have been teasing me about how gross boys are, but I figure I can keep them in line. I think I made a good decision. I'll be able to travel more, buy more shoes, and spend time hanging out with my new roomies. If it doesn't work out, I'll move out and find my own place. This is all a big adventure and I want to keep jumping into it with two feet, even if sometimes my heart gets a little bit bruised.

One of my favorite people in the world today told me that I'm the most adorable, amazing mess he knows. When someone else calls you a mess, it stings a little. Even when it's prefaced with adorable and amazing. He's right though, I am and always will be a little bit of a mess. But, aren't we all?

I'm doing really well though. I feel optimistic and the school work is getting there. Just eleventy thousand words to go! My new housemate said today that it looks like I'm getting back to my happy-go-lucky self. I'm getting back to that carefree, fun California girl that is definitely strong and smart enough to make it in England. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment